Canon Pixma MG3160 is a canon production with the advantage to print any kind of document. For those of you who have a high need to print documents, such as work, school work, to photos, this printer is suitable for you. With the advantages of these printers, you will not have trouble to print photos of activities that is quality time for you. This printer will not disappoint you in terms of quality prints up to speed printing. Even with maximum results and maximum speed in printing documents, canon printer does not take a lot of power when it is on or working. Like Canon PIXMA MG2140, this printer also has advantages in terms of printing, scanning, and copying.
Canon Pixma MG3160 about the ability in terms of scanning, not inferior to products that have been produced previously by canon. The speed of this printer to scan measured from the time period when you press the scan button of the scanner driver to scan results appear in the display on the screen. Speed to perform this scan can vary. Although Canon has set a scan speed of this printer, but it did not become clear standards.
The printer speed to scan depending on the system configuration, interface, software, scan mode settings and document size etc.. So it did not take long for you to obtain a printout of your photos from Canon Pixma MG3160.
Canon PIXMA MG3160 Driver & Software Specs
- Scan Resolution (Optical): up to “1200 x 2400” dpi
- Power Consumption: Standby (Lamp off, connect to PC via USB): Approx 2.8W, OFF (Connect to PC via USB) 0.4 W, Copying: Approx 20W
- Dimension(WxDxH): Approx. 449 x 304 x 152mm, Weight: Approx. 5.5kg
- Max. Printing Resolution: up to “4800” (horizontal) x “1200” (vertical) dpi
- Ink Tank (Page yields): (approx. 180) PG640, (approx. 180) CL641, (approx. 400) CL641XL, (approx. 400) PG640XL, (approx. 600) PG640XXL.
- Compatible Media: Plain Paper, Photo Paper Pro Platinum (PT-101), Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-201), Photo Paper Plus semi-gloss (SG-201), Glossy Photo Paper “Everyday Use” (GP-501), Matte Photo Paper (MP-101)
Canon PIXMA MG3160 System Requirements & Compatibility
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows 2000 / Windows Me / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11) / Linux
Looking for the steps for installation of the driver and software Canon PIXMA MG3160? Here we go Steps for installation or the driver download for Windows Operating System:
Steps for install the driver for Canon PIXMA MG3160:
- Of course you need to clicking the link mentioned above and download the driver to your computer. Choose the option “Save” or “Save as.” By clicking the “save”, you have download the file. Meanwhile, if you choose to click “run” or “open”, the file that you download will be automatically installed soon after you download the file.
- Note, the driver that you have download will be saved in a particular folder in the type of self-extracting form.
- Double click the file that you have download in the format of EXE for the decompression process.
- Third, The installation process will be automatically started.
How uninstall the driver by using Control Panel
- The steps are for Windows 7. For the different system version, the different setting maybe applied.
- Click to start menu then choose Control Panel à Choose the driver and click “Uninstall a program.”You need to wait until the dialog box about the list of the installed program is appeared. Then, you choose the program that you are going to uninstall.
- At last, you need to choose “Yes” and “OK”. The uninstallation process is completed.
Then, how the process of the driver installation in Mac version for Canon PIXMA MG3160?
- First, download the driver first by clicking the above link and have the saving process for the driver. After that, the driver will be saved in a certain kind of folder and try to open and run it.
- Second, the step is double clicking the downloaded driver and try to mount it on the Disk Image.
- Third, please redouble click again the mounted Disk Image for the further steps.
- Last, double click the packaged driver file. After this process, the installation will be processed automatically.
For your information, the steps above of the installation of the driver can be different depends on the platform or the device that you are going to have for the Canon PIXMA MG3160. The steps mentioned above are generally for the Windows 7 and also Mac. For Windows XP and windows 8 do not have so many differences.